Welcome to Chow hub.
I believe you have changed your views about eating beans after following the tips we gave in our previous post about how to boil beans.
We are glad you find it helpful!
We are here to help you make healthy decisions as regards what you eat.
Today, we will be learning how to cook porridge beans.
Beans are very rich in protein, iron and complex carbohydrate. Beans also have significant amount of soluble fiber and fiber. Soluble fiber has been shown to help lower blood cholesterol.
Beans contains nutrients that helps to protect against heart disease and other chronic disease
Porridge beans is very popular in Nigeria. It is preferred most times than the boiled beans. It can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner
Porridge beans is very tasty and can be eaten with bread, drinking garri (cassava flakes), fried plantain or yam.
Ingredients that will needed in making this meal include
- 2 cups of beans ( brown or white beans)
- 6 tablespoons of palm oil
- seasoning cubes
- 1 onion
- grounded pepper
- grounded crayfish ( optional)
- Pour your beans into a tray and pick the beans carefully
- Discard every unwanted material and impurities from the beans
- Soak the beans in cold water for 4 hours.
- This step is done to reduce the flatulence associated with eating beans
- Take out the beans, boil for 5 minutes and discard the water.
- Wash the beans and keep aside
- The soaking and pre- cooking process will help reduce the issues associated with eating beans
- Chop the onion and set aside
- Pour the beans into a pot,add water to the level of the beans and apply heat.
- Add some of the chopped onion
- Cook the beans until tender
- Add the pepper, onion,crayfish, seasoning cubes and salt( to taste) into the beans.
- Pour the palm oil into the beans, stir and leave to cook for 7 minute.
- Put off the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes
- You can now stir the beans porridge very well
- Your beans porridge is ready for munching.
- This beans porridge can be eaten and enjoyed with fried sweet potatoes, fried yam or fried plantain.