Welcome to ChowHub
We will be learning how to make the famous ewa agoyin stew!
It is a special stew, that is usually prepared to be eaten with the ewa agoyin. This stew is very spicy and peppery. You can reduce your own dose of pepper although.
Ewa agoyin stew is prepared with onion, pepper, tomato, palm oil and cray fish. Other ingredient can be added like fish.
Due to the peppery nature of this stew, It can be used to fight off cold. Also the vegetables used in producing are beneficial to our health too.
Ingredient to be used include
- 4 habenaro pepper( ata rodo)
- 2 onion bulb
- 2 fresh tomatoes ( optional)
- 1 large bell pepper ( tatashe)
- 1 cup of palm oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon full of grounded crayfish
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Wash onions, tomatoes and pepper
- Chop the onions and keep aside
- Grind and parboil tomatoes and pepper. do not grind too much
- Pour the palm oil into a pot, heat the oil until it changes colour to golden
- Add chopped onions and fry until onion turns brown
- Do not let the onion get burnt or black
- Add crayfish and stir
- You can now add the parboiled tomatoes and pepper into the oil and fry
- Stir the mixture until the stew begins to darken
- Add the seasoning cubes and salt to taste. mix well
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Put off the heat
- You can add two spoon of ewa agoyin into the stew but this step is very optional
- Stir the stew very well
- Your ewa agoyin stew is now ready
- This stew is usually eaten with the ewa agoyin but you can also try the stew with rice and tell us how it taste.