Welcome to ChowHub.
We will learn how to prepare pancake today. Did i catch you smiling? i just did too. It was my favorite snack in secondary school. I could eat it all day!
Pancake, popularly called diet in Nigeria is a snack that is balanced in diet. it has protein,carbohydrate, fats and oil even water. It can be eaten as a breakfast meal or a quick dinner. In other words, you can serve it any time of the day.
Pancake is eaten world wide although with a little variation in preparation. In other countries, pancakes are served with toppings or fillings and could be served as appetizer,dessert,or main course meal.
Pancake is made from ingredient that are always available in our kitchen or pantry so you do not have any excuse not to try it at home today!!
Here is a list of ingredient that will be used
- 1 cup of floor
- 2 raw eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of margarine (melt the margarine)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- vegetable oil
- 6 teaspoons of sugar
- grounded pepper ( optional)
- 1 cup of water
- mix in a large bowl; flour, baking powder,sugar and salt
- Add milk, melted margarine and egg.
- Stir the mixture until the floor, you can add a little water. mix till you get a smooth batter
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat
- Brush the pan with vegetable oil and heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the pancake batter in batches.
- Cook for 4 minutes until golden at the bottom and bubbly on top
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes or more until bottom turns golden.
- The pancake is ready when both sides are light brown.
You can serve with custard or oat meal. you can still eat it alone with a chilled drink