Grilling chicken and teaching how to grill chicken is one of my favourite past time on Friday’s evening every week. Now who doesn’t love grilled chicken, I bet most of us do!!
Chicken is one of the popular meat across the globe. Chicken is eaten everywhere around the world. It can be prepared in different ways which include boiling, baking, frying, grilling, barbecuing, etc.
Grilling is a form of cooking. To grill means to apply dry heat to the surface of food. Grilling has often been said to be a healthy alternative to frying with oils.
Most health-conscious people are often concerned about Polycyclic Aromatic hydrocarbons ( PAHs) and Heterocyclic amines ( HCAs) which are carcinogenic chemicals that are formed while grilling.
Marinating the food to be grilled has been said to reduce the formation of PAHs and HCAs.
There are different methods of grilling, these methods are not quite distinct from each other.
- Gridironing: Cooking meats with a grill suspended over a heat source
- Grill-baking: A combination of roasting and grilling which involves using a baking sheet pan above the surface of the grill
- Flattop grilling: Grilling using a hot griddle or flat pan over a high heat
- Indoor grilling: The use of electric or gas-based heating elements for grilling. Many restaurants use this method.
- overhead grilling
- Two-sided grilling: This is the grilling of both sides of meat at the same time.
- whole grilling: Involves grilling the whole carcass instead of grilling sized parts and cuts.
You are purchase grilled chicken at a restaurant or barbecue shop around you or you can follow through to learn how to grill chicken.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make sausage rolls
- How to make Yam balls
- How to Grill Chicken
- How to make Akara with bean flour
- How to make chicken pie
- How To Make Ugba
- How to make Shawarma
- How to Make Akara
- How to make peppered snail
- How to make buns
- Grilling reduces the level of fats in the meat
- Gives the food a distinct flavor
- Food retains its mineral and vitamins while grilling
- This method of cooking also encourages bonding between family and friends since it is majorly an outdoor activity, you could be playing and grilling!
- Chicken has high protein content
- It is very rich in minerals and vitamins like Vitamin D, vitamin B, vitamin A, Potassium, Phosphorus, Sodium.
- Has been shown to reduce the risk of hypertension and a great choice for a weight loss meal
- Chicken preferably the female chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 habanero pepper
- A teaspoon of Thyme
- Seasoning cubes
- Mixed spices( nutmeg,ginger,garlic,curry). Optional
- First of all, ash onion and peppers, chop onions and blend pepper
- Also, cut the chicken into desired sizes and wash
- Pour the meat into a pot and chopped onion, thyme, mixed spice, and blended pepper
- Allow to cook in its juice for 5 minutes, then add 2 cups of water and leave to cook
- After 45 minutes, add salt and leave to cook for 15 minutes
- Drain stock from chicken, you can still rub spices on it or dip the chicken into sauce
- Place the chicken on the oven rack
- Switch the oven to grill and set the temperature to 338F or 170C
- Check the chicken until the sides get brown, then flip to the other sides.
- Finally, when all the sides of the chicken is brown, the chicken is well grilled
- Your grilled chicken can be served with Fried Rice, coconut rice, Jollof Rice, or alternatively it can be eaten as a snack with chilled juice.
Video on how to grill chicken
Finally, We are confident that you can grill chicken like a professional, do not forget to drop comments, check our page for other popular Nigerian dishes. Above all, Invite family and friends always. Cheers!