Welcome to another article where we share delicious recipes. Today, we will be discussing how to make banana bread. This is a very simple and easy meal to make at home especially if you have the knowledge of baking cake.
Yes! baking cake, because sometimes banana bread is referred to as banana cake because of the way it is prepared. You can always make banana bread at home and eat as your breakfast.
This bread is very moist because of the major ingredient which is banana but in this case, we are using overripe banana not rotten bananas.
Banana bread is a very quick bread to make because of the baking soda and baking powder used as the leavening agent, unlike regular bread in which you use yeast as the leavening agent.
There are even different things you can add to your bread to enhance the taste or quality of the bread. You can add some walnuts, chocolate chips, and so on. You can also make banana bread with yogurt.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make peppered snail
- HOW TO MAKE MASA
- How to make coconut chips
- HOW TO MAKE IKOKORE
- How to make chicken pie
- How to make spring rolls
- How to make moi moi
- How To Make Ugba
- HOW TO MAKE BEANS AND PLANTAIN PORRIDGE
- How to make chicken curry sauce
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANA BREAD
You might be wondering is it possible that banana bread has some health benefits. Yes, it definitely has some benefits and the majority is all because of the use of bananas in the recipe. Find out more about the health benefits of banana
- Improves the health of the eyes. This is all due to the presence of vitamin A in the banana.
- It provides enough magnesium in the body.
- A very good source of fiber. It contains high fiber content which helps in the prevention of bloating and constipation.
- Studies have shown that banana helps in boosting the energy level in the body.
- It improves muscle health.
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
3 overripe bananas
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of salt.
- Start by preheating your oven to about 80 degrees Celcius, then mash up the overripe plantain till it becomes smooth or, you can semi mash it if you want some chunks of banana in the bread.
- You continue by mixing the dry ingredients such as flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or even a spoon, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla together.
N.B- If you are using a hand mixer, be careful not to overmix the butter and sugar.
- Beat your eggs and stir it into the creamed mixture, then you also add in the mashed bananas and mix.
- Add in the dry the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine properly.
N.B-If you are using walnut, chocolate chips, currants to your banana bread, you have to add it at this junction.
- Grease the loaf pan, pour in the mixture and place it in the preheated oven.
- Bake it for about 45mins- 1hr or till you check the middle of bread by dipping a toothpick, if it comes out clean, then your bread is done.
- When the bread is fully baked allow it cool down for a while.
Video Of How To Make Banana Bread:
I hope this article on how to make banana bread has been helpful? We expecting your feedback through the comment section and also do not forget to like and share this article.