Carrots are not just for eating or for cooking in the kitchen any more! they are not only good for the body inside out especially for the eyes but carrots are very good and helpful in building healthy, supple and soft skin and it also helps in aiding hair growth and strengthening it when applied to the hair.
Carrot oil has now become a very popular ingredient in skin creams, expensive body lotion, shampoos, conditioners etc. It is better to use natural oil for your hair and skin instead of using commercially made lotions, shampoos, conditioners etc.it helps to reduce the risk of having unwanted allergic reactions. If you intend creating your own natural beauty products at home, it is best to start making batches of carrot oil.
Carrot oil can either be extracted through steam distillation or cold-pressed, mainly from grated carrot. This oil is very famous for its healing properties and antibacterial. They are known to be capable of adding moisture to dry skin, hair and scalp.
Carrot oil is a softening substance that helps in lubricating the cells present in the outermost layer of the skin. This gentle oil helps in restoring moisture that was in the skin due to evaporation, this makes it a very useful ingredient in moisturizers. The healing properties embedded in carrot oil makes it soften up the tissues of the skin. Therefore, they are considered as a very important ingredient for products used for the treatment of eczema and other skin-related issues.
Carrot oil is very easy to make at home and it is extremely beneficial to the hair and skin.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROT OIL
Carrot oil is known to cure various kinds of cancer such as in the mouth, kidney, stomach. Its ability to fight cancer is due to the antioxidants properties, medicinal properties and natural components that are present in it.
Carrot oil has antiseptic and antiviral properties that help to fight infections.
It also cures sores, ulcers, sores, and any other stomach ailments.
Carrot oil is known as a good stimulant that helps metabolic and circulation functions.
Carrot oil also stimulates enzymes and hormones in the body; this will even make you feel more alert because it will stimulate brain activities and the nerves.
It also acts as a detoxifier because it cleanses blood, tissues and the internal organs such as kidney, liver etc.
It eliminates any urine found in the blood, tissues, and joints.
Carrot oil helps to fight arthritis and rheumatism.
It has a soothing smell which is why is known as a notable stress reliever, that is why it is used in aromatherapy.
It prevents the skin from getting wrinkles and ageing, and it can also relieve muscle aches.
It can increase the production of erythrocytes and help with the improvement of your eyesight.
HAIR BENEFITS OF CARROT OIL
In other news, the carrot oil has a lot of nutrients which are good for hair like vitamins A & E. It is capable of promoting hair growth and even preventing hair loss, which indirectly helps to build and retain the growth of the hair.
It has been said that regular usage of carrot oil can make your hair shiner and strengthen it. They are considered as an excellent moisturizer for both hair and skin.
The following are the major benefits of carrot oil in the hair:
- Stimulates the hair growth
- Makes hair smooth, soft and shiny
- It strengthens the hair roots
- It prevents the hair from environmental damages such as pollution, sunlight etc.
It is best to use the carrot oil on regular basis in order to achieve all that has been listed above.
- Veggie peeler
- Food processor or hand grater
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Glass mason jar
-2 organically grown large carrots
– 3/4 cup of oil such as olive, sesame, coconut, or canola is needed to cover
- Peel the carrots you have with you. Do not wash the carrots If they’re wet, dry them thoroughly with kitchen napkin or paper towels and leave them to dry up completely and make sure it drys up completely before proceeding further.
- Grate your carrots using your hand grater or food processor.
- Fill up the jar with the type of oil you have chosen(sesame oil, olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower etc). Make sure you fill the jar to the top, this will prevent any air in the jar that will make the oil rancid.
- Store the jar in a warm area and leave it there for about 14 days
- Shake the jar every day in order to allow the nutrients of the carrot to get infused in the oil.
- After 14days, strain the oil with your fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into another jar(you can use a funnel in order to avoid spillage)
- Your carrot oil is ready. Make sure you store it in a cool place like the refrigerator in order to lengthen the shelf life.
N.B- The method used above is the cold-pressed method of making carrot oil. It is the best method because it preserves the nutrient properties of the oil.