We will be talking on how to make chicken curry sauce, a fast-growing popular sauce in Nigeria. You can also check our blog for other sauce like the garden egg sauce. You would love it!
Curry is a variety of dishes that originates in the Indian subcontinent. It consists of a combination of spices, herbs like turmeric, ginger, chilies, ( dry and fresh) cumin, that is prepared in a sauce.
Chicken curry is a common delicacy in the cuisine of the Caribbean, cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, and British cuisine.
This dish is a good alternative to our everyday stew since it can be eaten with rice, white yam, etc.
This sauce is gaining popularity in Nigeria, which is why we decided to write about it and it can be gotten in big restaurants across the country.
We also have pig curry, lamb curry, beef curry, it is the same process of preparation, and the only thing that changes is the protein source used.
Making this sauce is not hard at all and it is very delicious. You can decide to serve the sauce with white rice at weddings, dedication, or birthday parties.
Follow through as we teach you how to make this meal like a pro!
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- Nigerian food menu
- How to make Yamarita
- HOW TO MAKE UKWA
- How to make peppered chicken
- HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE SWALLOW
- How to make omelet
- How to make Eba
- HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CANDY
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- HOW TO MAKE PLANTAIN MOSA
- Excellent source of protein and niacin
- Spices used in making curry are also nutritional.
- Onion and garlic have protective effects against colon and stomach cancer
- Garlic has been proven to have antibiotic and antifungal properties.
- Good for the treatment of cold, cough, asthma, and poor appetite
- This sauce is medicinal
- Boost your immune system, lowers blood pressure
- Helps to guard against heart attacks
- Increase the rate of metabolic activities in the body
- Can help lower high cholesterol level
- 7- 10 pieces of chicken thighs or breast
- 2 green bell pepper
- 1meduim sized onion
- Scotch bonnet pepper (2)
- Three pieces of carrot
- One handful of green peas
- Cooking oil
- Diced potatoes or 2 cups of flour
- Seasoning cube
- Ginger ( one tablespoon)
- Two tablespoons of Curry powder
- Turmeric powder( 1 teaspoon)
- Garlic ( 2 tablespoon)
- Thyme( one teaspoon)
- Clean the chicken thoroughly then season it with 1 tablespoon of ginger powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of curry, thyme, and salt. Leave the chicken to marinate for 2 hours at least
- Wash and cut all the vegetables ( carrots, pepper, onion, and peas)
- After cutting, Season the vegetables with 1 seasoning cube, ½ teaspoon curry, and garlic powder.
- Leave aside for 40 minutes.
- When the chicken is done marinating, pour it into a pot and add water to cover the meat season with 1 teaspoon of curry powder, chicken seasoning, 2 seasoning cubes, and a little salt. Leave to boil.
- In a separate frying pan, pour half cooking spoon of vegetable oil, apply heat. Then add all the marinated vegetables, fry for 7minutes, put off heat and set aside.
- You can use potato to thicken the sauce or you use flour
- I strongly recommend you use potato because it is a more healthy choice than flour
- Slice the potatoes, boil till soft, pound in a mortar or puree in a blender till smooth and set aside
- When the chicken is soft, remove it from the stock and add the sautéed vegetables into the stock.
- Combine and taste
- You can now pour the starch or potato puree, add it bits by bits
- Stir the sauce and add the chicken into the pot.
- Mix the content of the pot thoroughly and taste, adjust seasoning if necessary
- Put off the heat and allow to simmer for 4 minutes
- Your delicious chicken curry sauce is ready to be served with rice, couscous, yam, spaghetti.
Video on how to make chicken curry sauce
We are happy that you now know how to make chicken curry sauce, do not forget to share, invite friends and families and check the blog for other amazing Nigerian food like Abacha, garden egg sauce. cheers!