Coconut candy is one of my favorite snacks in secondary school which is why I am excited to write on how to make coconut candy.
Coconut candy is a term that is used to refer to different candies that are made with coconut and coconut flavorings.
This snack has its origin from Vietnam in the United States. This snack is popular in Asian countries, Australia, North America, and Europe.
Coconut candy is made with coconut and sugar. It can be made into different shapes and sizes.
This snack is loved by adults and kids. It can be served as dessert and it is quite easy to prepare.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make buns
- HOW TO MAKE AGIDI
- Nigerian food menu
- How to Grill Chicken
- How to make Ofada rice
- How to make moi moi
- How to make peppered chicken
- How to make beans porridge
- How to make spaghetti
- How to make fried yam
- Coconut contains lauric acid that is good for the health of the heart.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- It provides the body with minerals like selenium, copper.
- In addition, manganese and iron that are important minerals can be gotten from this candy
- Important for bone health
- Increased metabolism of protein, carbohydrate, and cholesterol
- Presence of antioxidant that helps protect cells in the body
- Lastly, coconut contains vitamin B and zinc
- ½ cup of water
- I medium size coconut
- 200g of Granulated sugar
- Note: For hard candy, you should increase the amount of sugar.
- First of all, break the coconut and collect the juice in a bowl or cup
- Remove the flesh from the nut, rinse and grate the flesh
- Pour the sugar into a pot, add the coconut juice and the half cup of water
- Apply heat, don’t stir and leave to boil on medium heat
- As the mixture begins to change color and get thicker, reduce the heat and add the grated coconut.
- Mix thoroughly with a spatula
- Continue stirring until the mixture changes to brown color completely.
- Lastly, put off heat
- At this stage, transfer the coconut candy into a wide plate and leave to cool a bit.
- Then you can mold into any shape of your choice
- Further, you can also leave to cool completely and cut into squares and rectangle
- In addition, place in the freezer to help it harden faster.
- Your sweet coconut candy is ready to be served.
Video on how to make coconut candy
We are happy you have learned how to make coconut candy. Do well to check our page for other Popular Nigerian snacks like egg roll, puff puff, ukwa, coconut chips. Most importantly, drop comments and questions, share, invite friends and families.