Oh, I remember how my mum use to make coconut chips every weekend in the house. It was such a delight watching and learning from her. Today’s article is on how to make coconut chips. I can see you are excited like me!! We welcome you to check our page on how to make coconut candy.
As we know, coconut belongs to the family of nut, and coconut is a very special nut, in that all part of it has usefulness. We have coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut flesh even the leaves from the palm tree that can be used for raffia roofs.
Coconut chips can also be called coconut flakes, it is a snack that is becoming more popular in Nigeria. It is made with grated coconut, sugar, salt, and other spices which is optional!
It is a healthy alternative to other unhealthy chips and it is so easy to make at home. You can bake it or fry it.
This snack is also a great and healthy choice of snack to pack for your kids for lunch. Coconut chips are also used as toppings and in cakes and ice cream.
Do well to follow through as you learn how to make coconut chips at home by yourself like a pro.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make buns
- How to make Fried Rice
- How to boil beans
- HOW TO MAKE MASA
- How to make spring rolls
- How to make rice and beans
- How to make palm oil rice
- How to make poundo yam
- How to make Shawarma
- How to make Kokoro
- Coconut contains vitamin B and zinc
- Presence of antioxidant that helps protect cells in the body
- It provides the body with minerals like selenium, copper.
- Coconut contains lauric acid that is good for the health of the heart.
- In addition, manganese and iron that are important minerals can be gotten from this candy
- Increased metabolism of protein, carbohydrate, and cholesterol
- Important for bone health
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- 1 medium-size coconut
- 3 tablespoon of sugar( grinded sugar)
- 2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 pinch of salt
- First of all, break the coconut
- Remove the flesh from the nut.
- Rinse and grate the flesh, use the big side of the grater
- Pour the grated coconut flesh into a bowl, add sugar and salt.
- Mix thoroughly
- You can add other spices like pepper, cinnamon.
- Place your nonstick pan or any frying pan on fire,
- Heat up the coconut oil, and pour the grated coconut
- Continue to stir the grated coconut until it changes color to light brown.
- Put off the heat and leave to cool for 7minutes
- Transfer the coconut chips into a plate and serve
- You can also store in a bag, can or in the fridge for future use.
Video on how to make coconut chips
We are confident you have learnt how to make coconut chips, do well to invite families and friends, share, drop comments and questions. Above all, continue to check our page for other delicious Nigerian food like Abacha, coleslaw, masa, buns etc. Cheers!!