Today’s article is on how to make eba, yes, did I catch you smiling, I am smiling too!!
Eba is a staple starchy food that is common to most tribes in Nigeria. It is also eaten in some West African countries. Eba is made from garri which is also known as dried grated cassava flour!
We have two types of garri which is the white garri and the yellow garri; the yellow garri is made by adding palm oil to the cassava flour, while oil is not added when preparing the white garri
Furthermore, Garri can be chewed with groundnut and other additives or it can be mixed with milk, sugar, coconut, groundnut, and finally cold water, this drinking garri is such a delightful food to many people or better still, added with hot water to make eba
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make sausage rolls
- How to make pepper soup
- How to make Efo Riro
- How to make rice and beans
- How to make Banga Soup
- How to make Ogbono Soup
- How to make soya bean cake( Wara)
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- How to make Jollof spaghetti
- How to Grill Chicken
- Provides the body with Vitamin B, A and C
- High in carbohydrate content
- Contains fibres that helps to promote bowel movement and boost digestive health
- Good for the treatment of diarrhoea and prevent constipation
- Presence of minerals like iron, calcium, sodium, copper, potassium, zinc, manganese
- Helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and prevents certain cancer
- Eba is gluten-free and a great choice of food for people who are sensitive to gluten.
- 1 cups of garri ( white or yellow garri)
- 1 cup of hot water
- ½ spoon of vegetable oil
- First of all, place your water in a kettle or pot and allow to boil over 1000C
- Get your garri close by and handy
- Pour the hot water into a bowl
- Then add the vegetable oil into the hot water
- Add the garri into the hot water bit by bit until all the water has absorbed garri
- Then begin to turn immediately with the aid of spatula or wooden turner
- Turn very well and check if the eba is not too soft or too hard
- Make necessary adjustment by either adding more garri or adding more water
- Mold into different shapes and
- You can serve with a delicious Nigerian soup of your choice.
Video on how to make Eba
We are confident that you have learned how to make Eba like a pro, we welcome you to visit our blog for popular Nigerian food like Bitter leaf soup, Masa, Ukwa etc. Above all, drop comments and questions and do not forget to invite families and friends. Cheers!!