Welcome to ChowHub. Today, We will learn how to make ewa agoyin stew!
It is a special stew, that is usually prepared to be eaten with the ewa agoyin just like how ofada stew is prepared for ofada rice. This stew is very spicy and peppery. You can reduce your own dose of pepper although.
Ewa agoyin stew is prepared with onion, pepper, tomato, palm oil and cray fish. Other ingredient can be added like fish, meat,ponmo.
This stew can also be used to eat other food like rice, bread,yam,plantain. It is very popular in the Western part of Nigeria.
Due to the peppery nature of this stew, It can be used to fight off cold. Also the vegetables used in cooking it are beneficial to our health too.
Other Popular Nigerian soup:
- HOW TO MAKE OKAZI SOUP
- HOW TO MAKE OWO SOUP
- How to Make Egusi Soup
- HOW TO MAKE NIGERIAN OKRO SOUP
- How to make stew
- How to make Eba
- how to make bitter-leaf soup
- How to make groundnut soup
- How to make Ewa Agoyin stew
- How to make Fisherman soup
- Helps reduce the risk of obesity and control body weight
- Contains minerals and vitamins that are good for our body
- Rich in Vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, and vitamin A
- Vitamin C and A act as antioxidants that helps our body
- Provides the body with lycopene an antioxidant which helps the body fight disease
- Presence of minerals like Selenium that promotes blood circulation
- Good for fighting colds too.
- Improved health of the eyes
- Great source of Folate and Vitamin B6 which help prevent anemia
- 7 Habenaro pepper( ata rodo)
- 3 Onion bulb
- 2 fresh tomatoes ( optional)
- 2 large bell pepper ( tatashe)
- 1 cup of palm oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon full of grounded crayfish
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- First of all, wash onions, tomatoes and pepper
- Chop the onions and keep aside
- Grind and parboil tomatoes and pepper. do not grind too much
- Pour the palm oil into a pot, heat the oil until it changes colour to golden
- Add chopped onions and fry until onion turns brown
- Do not let the onion get burnt or black,add crayfish and stir
- You can now add the parboiled tomatoes and pepper into the oil and fry
- Futhermore, Stir the mixture until the stew begins to darken
- Also add the seasoning cubes and salt to taste. mix well
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Put off the heat
- You can add two spoon of ewa agoyin into the stew but this step is very optional
- Stir the stew very well
- Your ewa agoyin stew is now ready
- This stew is usually eaten with the ewa agoyin but you can also try the stew with rice and tell us how it taste.
Video on how to make ewa agoyin stew
We are glad that you have known how to make Ewa Agoyin stew. Above all, do not forget to drop comments, invite friends and family and also check the blog for other popular Nigerian dishes like Ikokore, Ewedu and other delicious dishes. Cheers!!!