The dish we are talking about today is a fast-rising dish in Nigeria, and I can’t wait to take you through how to make gizdodo so that you can add more delicious meals to your kitchen menu.
Gizdodo is one dish to always look at for in parties, where it is usually served as an appetizer. It is just like taking the place of small chops in parties.
This delicious dish is made with a delicious combination of chicken gizzard, fried plantain, and peppered sauce. Different types of vegetables e.g red bell pepper and green red bell pepper are also used in making this wonderful dish.
Aside from eating gizdodo as a small chop in parties, you can always enjoy it at home with a plate of white rice or even jollof rice. This dish is a delicacy that requires deep frying but if you are watching your weight, you substitute frying for baking.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make Shawarma
- HOW TO MAKE BEANS AND PLANTAIN PORRIDGE
- HOW TO MAKE OJOJO
- How to make peppered chicken
- How to Prepare Jollof Rice
- How to make buns
- How to make Kokoro
- how to make ewa agoyin
- HOW TO MAKE OKPA
- How to make spaghetti
IS GIZDODO HEALTHY?
I am very sure you must be wondering if gizdodo is healthy with all that that has been said about the delicacy. Yes, it is healthy to some extent because of the major ingredient used in making it.
- The use of chicken gizzard as the main dish makes it very rich in protein and minerals which is healthy to add to any diet.
- It also contains vitamin B12 which plays an important role in the function of the brain and also improves the production of red blood cells.
- Gizzards contain enough iron to the body to prevent anemia, chest pain, poor mental focus e.t.c.
- 4 Ripe Plantains(Diced)
- 500g of Gizzard
- 5 plum size tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 habanero pepper
- 4 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper(chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper(chopped)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tbsp of Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- Salt to taste
- First thing first, wash the gizzards till they thoroughly clean.
- Put the washed gizzards inside a pot, add one of the onions by dicing it, one seasoning cube, thyme, curry powder and salt to taste. Add some water to the gizzards and cook for about 30 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan heat on a burner and fry gizzards till brown, remove it from the oil and set aside.
- Diced one of the red bell pepper, one onion and set aside.
- Blend the tomatoes, habanero pepper, the remaining red bell pepper, and onion into a puree.
- Boil the pepper puree till the water content has evaporated.
- Add the salt to the diced plantain and fry.
- Fry the chopped veggies with the remaining oil till they soften, add the boiled pepper mix, stir and fry till it thickens.
- Add your curry powder, thyme, seasoning cube, and a little salt to taste.
- Add your fried gizzard and stock into the sauce and keep frying, then add the plantain and allow it to fry for about 3-5 minutes.
- Your delicious gizdodo is ready.
- You can enjoy it alone or eaten with rice, spaghetti, couscous e.t.c.
VIDEO OF HOW TO MAKE GIZDODO:
I hope you learned from this article on how to make gizdodo and you will start making this dish in your kitchen. We would love to hear your feedback by commenting on this post, share and like it. You can also check our other articles on how to make beans and plantain, and fried rice.