Today’s post is on how to make the famous Nigerian moi-moi with beans flour. This process is so stress-free, easy, and fast!! Do well to check our page on how to make akara with beans flour.
Moi moi is a popular Nigerian food. It is a steamed bean pudding which is made from the blended mixture of peeled beans, scotch bonnet, red bell pepper, onions etc and usually garnished with grinded meat, fish, eggs, etc.
Bean flour consists of beans that have been grinded into powdered form and can be preserved for later use. This bean flour can be used for other purposes too, like in making akara, ekuru, gbegiri. etc. it serves as a quick alternative when making beans pudding. It can be bought in supermarkets and shops worldwide.
Moi-Moi is one of the foods that brings all tribes in Nigeria together, whether you are in the western, southern, northern, eastern part of Nigeria, you will always find this Nigerian food… It is often pronounced as moin moin, mai mai, moyin moyin, moy moy etc.
It is usually served at parties, dedication, birthdays wedding ceremonies and other merry occasions.
Most times, moi-moi is eaten with pap (Ogi/Akamu), custard, steamed cornmeal (Eko), Jollof rice, bread, etc.
Follow through as you learn how to make tasty moi-moi with beans flour.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make spring rolls
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- How To Make Ugba
- How to make Jollof spaghetti
- How to make poundo yam
- How to make rice and beans
- How to make moi moi
- How to make pounded yam
- How to make Shawarma
- How to make buns
- Very rich in protein, iron and complex carbohydrate.
- Contains nutrients that help to protect against heart disease and other chronic diseases
- Soluble fibre has been shown to help lower blood cholesterol, and moi moi provides the body with a significant amount of soluble fibre.
- High in potassium which helps reduce blood pressure
- This food is free from preservatives!!
- Nutrients such as dietary fibre, sodium, vitamin A, vitamin C are present
- It is a healthy diet for weight loss, it helps one to stay full for a longer time.
- Also helps to improve bowel movement and stop constipation.
- 2 cups of beans flour
- 3 red bell pepper
- 4 Scotch bonnet pepper
- Three tablespoons of grounded crayfish
- Boiled eggs
- 1 smoked fish,sausage or corned beef
- Onion( 2)
- Half a cup of vegetable oil
- Seasoning cubes (3)
- Foils or Uma leaves
- 3 cups of water
- Firstly, clean and wash the peppers, onions and fish
- Then, pour the peppers, onions, crayfish and beans flour into a blender, add 1 cup of water and blend till smooth
- Turn the resulting mixture into a bowl and add the seasoning cubes, salt, and vegetable oil into the bowl and stir very well
- check if the mixture is not too thick, if it is thick, add water to it.
- It shouldn’t be too thick or watery. Taste the pudding and make the necessary adjustment.
- Place a pot on the fire and pour water into the pot and allow to boil.
- Pour the beans pudding into the Uma leaves or foil and add the boiled eggs into them.
- Lastly, transfer the pudding into the pot with boiling water and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Also, check the pot to ensure the water does not dry up while cooking
- After 30minutes, check the moi moi, if fully cooked, bring down, if not, allow to cook for more 20 minutes.
- Your moi-moi is ready to be served!
- It can be served with bread, pap, custard, drinking garri( soaked cassava flakes), oats, jollof rice, etc or it can be enjoyed alone.
Video on how to make moi-moi with beans flour
We are glad that you have learned how to make moi-moi with beans flour, share, drop comments, feedbacks and questions. Above all, invite families and friends and do not forget to check the page for other tasty Nigerian food like plantain porridge, fried rice, ojojo, etc.