I didn’t know what omelet was until the day I went to a friend’s place to visit and his mum made it for us with meat and vegetable fillings, it was so delicious and I had to ask her to teach me how to make an omelet.
She obliged and since then, I have not missed making omelet almost every week, it’s a great choice of food for breakfast and light dinner.
Omelet is a dish made with eggs and butter. Many people often add filling such as cheese, vegetables, meat, mushrooms, the fillings are placed inside the omelet.
Omelet originated from Ancient Iran and has since become popular all over the world. Different countries have different variations of this omelet like Kuku from Iran, Frittata from Italy, Tamagoyaki from Japan, Tortang giniling from Philippines, Khai chaio from Thailand.
The process of making this dish is quite simple but needs a lot of concentration. Feel free to make it a regular breakfast option.
Follow through as you learn how to make omelet like a pro!
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make coconut chips
- How to make sausage rolls
- How to make rice and beans
- HOW TO MAKE NKWOBI
- HOW TO MAKE ABACHA
- HOW TO MAKE CUSTARD POWDER
- How to make Tom brown
- How to make coconut fried rice
- HOW TO MAKE IKOKORE
- How to make buns
- Firstly, It is a good protein source
- Great choice of food for weight loss
- Omelet contains choline, which is good for the nerves and general health of the brain
- Provides the body with Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K and selenium
- Good source of energy
- Provides the body with calcium which is needed to maintain a healthy and strong bone
- Contains magnesium and iron
- Helps to relax nerves and promote good blood circulation
- Increases the immunity of the body via the presence of phosphorus
- Presence of potassium, and zinc
- Eggs contain carotenoids that is essential for the health of the eyes
- Lastly, it helps to improve the health of nails, hair, and skin. Makes them strong, long and glow!
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 full tablespoon of butter
- A pinch of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Dried pepper
- Fillings ( optional)
- First of all, break the eggs and pour into a bowl, add salt and pepper
- Whisk or beat the egg, until they are well combined
- Place the butter inside a nonstick frying pan and heat up
- As it starts to sizzle and foam, add the eggs and tilt the pan to allow them to cover the surface of the pan
- Gently push cooked portions from the edges towards the center of the pan as to allow uncooked eggs to reach the hot pan surface
- Continue with the process of cooking and tilting the pan to allow for even cooking.
- Add the fillings now, in the middle of the omelet.
- The omelet is ready when there is no visible liquid egg
- Lastly, fold the omelet to cover the fillings and place in a plate
- Serve immediately
Video on how to make an omelet
We are confident that you have learned how to make an omelet, do not hesitate to share and invite families and friends. Above all, drop comments and continue to check our page for other delicious food like coleslaw, spaghetti, etc. Cheers!!