Weekends are for party and attending that party means I will eat party Jollof rice. But who says I cant prepare it at home and enjoy with my family, I am excited today to teach how to make party jollof rice.
Party jollof rice has a distinct taste and aroma different from the one that is cooked at home, and most people always prefer the party jollof rice taste to our normal jollof rice which is why this post was made.
Jollof rice is the most popular rice prepared in Nigeria and other West African Countries like Ghana, Senegal, Gambia, etc.
A public ceremony like birthday, burial, dedication, wedding, is never complete without party jollof rice!!!
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make omelet
- How to make poundo yam
- How to make coconut chips
- How to make semovita
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- HOW TO BOIL RICE
- HOW TO MAKE ISI EWU
- How to make buns
- HOW TO MAKE GIZDODO
- HOW TO MAKE COUSCOUS
- Major source of carbohydrate
- Gives us energy.
- High in fiber content which is good for easy bowel movement and digestion
- Presence of Vitamine A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E
- Provides the body with lycopene which is an antioxidant that helps the body fight against disease
- Regulates blood sugar due to the presence of vegetables like tomato and pepper
- Good source of Vitamin K
- 4 cups of rice
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper
- Red bell pepper (4)
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes or plum tomatoes
- Tomato paste (120g)
- 3 onions
- 100ml of vegetable oil
- Three seasoning cubes
- Two (2) teaspoons of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A teaspoon each of thyme, minced ginger, and curry powder
- Bay leaves (3)
- Chicken or meat stock ( two cups)
- First of all, wash and blend 2 tomatoes, peppers, and 1 onion to a fine paste and set aside
- Chop the remaining onions, slice the tomato.
- Pour the cooking oil into a large pan, add half of the chopped onion and let it fry for 5 minutes
- Add blended paste, tomato paste,curry powder,1 teaspoon of white pepper, seasoning cubes, and bay leaves.
- leave to fry for 20 minutes.
- While the stew is cooking, parboil rice for 5 minutes, wash with warm water and set aside
- When you notice oil floating at the top of the stew base, pour in 1 cup of stock and leave to boil for 12 minutes
- Now add the rice into the boiling stew, combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon and ensure the stew is just above the rice. you don’t need too much water
- Add the remaining white pepper, minced ginger and butter, combine.
- Leave to cook until the rice is edible, stir occasionally to know when to add more stock or water
- When the rice is soft, add the remaining chopped onion and sliced tomato and stir together
- Combine the rice thoroughly
- Put off heat, and leave to cool for 2 minutes before dishing
- Your delicious party jollof rice is ready to be served with grilled chicken, fried meat, fish, moi-moi or coleslaw, accompanied with chilled drink.
Video on how to make party jollof rice
We are happy that you now know how to make party Jollof rice, do not forget to drop feedbacks and check the blog for other tasty Nigerian Food like fried rice, Ofada rice. Above all, share and invite families and friends. Cheers!!