Welcome to another post of learning new recipes. Today’s post which is about how to make peanut burger is going to be exciting because you will be adding new snacks recipes you can enjoy at the comfort of your home.
Peanut burger is a popular snack or treats you can find in Africa, most especially in West Africa in countries like Nigeria and Ghana and it is also gaining popularity in other African countries.
Most food companies produce it in bit size for people to enjoy it any time of the day. One of the most popular peanut in Nigeria which you will find in most shops and supermarkets is produced by a Ghanian peanut burger company.
It is easier for companies to produce it using the peanut burger machine, but when you are making homemade peanut burger you have to your hands.
For people who don’t really know much about peanut burger, you can also refer to it as coated peanut. It is just peanut coated with flour and some other major ingredients.
If you are a fit fam, I will advise you not eat much of it because of the coating around the peanut except you are using healthy flour.
- 2 cups of raw groundnuts
- 11/2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tin of evaporated milk
- Vegetable for frying
- Spread the groundnut under the sun for a whole day, take out the bad ones before use.
- Break the eggs in a bowl, whisk it till it becomes fluffy.
- At this point, add the vanilla flavour ( make sure you are using the liquid flavour) into the beaten eggs and whisk till it is well blended.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder to it.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the evaporated milk and sugar mixture in a bowl and stir till it is mixed properly.
- Put the groundnut in a bowl and pour the egg mixture over it and mix well it is well covered with it.
- Sprinkle flour over the coated groundnut and make sure it is well coated with the flour.
- Repeat the coating process until the groundnut is well coated. If any of it should stick together, then separate it with your fingers and continue.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and pour in the vegetable oil, start frying the coated groundnut in batches till it becomes golden brown.
- Pour the peanut burger in paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Allow the peanut burger to cool down before storing or eating.
- You can enjoy it with chilled ginger, zobo or Chapman drink.
How To Make Peanut Burger Video:
I hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article on how to make peanut burger. Don’t forget to like, comment and share this article with your family and friends. You can also check our other articles on Nigerian snacks like puff puff, buns and sausage rolls