Today we will learn how to make peanut.
Peanut is a popular snack in Nigeria . It is a good source of protein and healthy fat.
Peanut is one of the most delicious and easy to make snack.
It is made using groundnut, and other baking ingredients. I bet you are eager to learn how to make this snack yourself.
Ingredients to be used
- 3 cups of groundnut ( dried )
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- milk flavor
- 1/4 spoon of nutmeg ( optional)
- vegetable oil
- Select the good groundnuts and keep aside
- Mix the flour, baking powder, milk flavor, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and keep aside
- Break the eggs add sugar, whisk together and keep in a different bowl
- Pour the egg mixture over the groundnut, shake the bowl so that all the nuts are covered with the egg mixture
- Then sprinkle some of the flour mixture on the top of groundnut and egg mixture.
- Make sure non of the peanuts are stuck together
- Place a pan on heat, pour vegetable oil. heat the oil in medium heat
- Pour the peanuts, fry them in batches, bits by bits. stir until they are golden or brown.
- Take out the peanuts
- Allow to cool
Our tasty peanut is ready to be served.
Peanuts can be stored in airtight containers for as long as 3 months.