Todays article is on how to make the very popular peppered chicken, this post came as a result of requests from our lovely readers.
Peppered chicken is a popular dish in the World with so many variations of the dish.
Chicken is a popular source of meat in the world and very tasty too.
Some people mistake Peppered chicken with grilled chicken, we are glad to inform you that they are not the same thing!!
Peppered chicken is quite popular in Nigeria and eaten in most parts of the country. It can be gotten from restaurants and eatery around the country.
It is usually served along with Rice or other food and served in parties, ceremony and burials. You can also eat it alone using a chilled orange juice to step it down…
Follow through as we teach on how to make peppered chicken like a pro.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to Prepare Jollof Rice
- How to make Yam balls
- HOW TO BOIL RICE
- How to make coconut chips
- HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CANDY
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- How to Make party Jollof Rice
- How to make Yamarita
- HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD
- HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE SWALLOW
- Most importantly, chicken is a great source of lean, low-fat protein that contributes to muscle growth and development.
- protein also helps support a healthy body weight and aids weight loss
- Vitamin B6 (or B-complex vitamins) in chicken help keep blood vessels healthy, energy levels high, and metabolism burning away calories so you can manage a healthy weight
- Eating chicken will aid in your fight against bone loss thanks to the protein punch it packs
- Chicken is not only a good source of protein but also very rich in vitamins and minerals.
- For example, B vitamins help the body with energy production and also help form healthy red blood cells.
- In addition, Vitamin D in chicken helps in calcium absorption and bone strengthening
- Good source of energy as it contains a high amount of protein, carbohydrates.
- 6 pieces of chicken
- 4 big tomatoes
- 2 cooking spoon of vegetable oil
- Two big onions
- Tatashe (Red bell pepper ( 4) )
- 2 scotch bonnet
- Two tablespoons of powdered ginger and garlic
- seasoning cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of powdered thyme and curry
- Wash and blend tomatoes, pepper and one onion and set aside
- Dice the remaining onion and keep aside
- Clean and wash the chicken thoroughly, and season with 1 tablespoon of ginger, garlic, thyme, curry and seasoning cube.
- Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight
- When it is done marinating, transfer the chicken into a cooking pot and apply heat, add 1 cup of water and salt after 10minutes.
- Allow to cook until tender
- Pour the vegetable oil in a saucepan on heat, fry the chicken and save the stock for future use
- Keep the fried chicken aside and add the sliced onion into the oil, fry till translucent and add the blended mix, the remaining ginger, garlic, thyme, curry, 1 seasoning cube and salt
- Leave to fry till dried, then make holes in the chicken using toothpicks and pour them inside the stew
- Stir thoroughly and leave to cook on low heat for 10minutes
- Put off the heat and leave to cool in the stew for 3minutes
- Your tasty peppered chicken is ready to be served at any time of the day!!!
- You can serve with fried rice,jollof rice or snack on it with cold coleslaw
Video on how to make peppered chicken
We are happy you have learnt how to make peppered chicken, do not hesitate to drop feedbacks and questions. Above all, invite families and friends and do check the blog for other tasty Nigerian food like Ukwa, plantain porridge, etc. Cheers.