Today’s post is on how to make peppered snail. Peppered snail consists of boiled snail that is sautéed in peppered stew. We welcome you to check our page on how to make peppered chicken.
Peppered snail is one of the fast-growing small chops in Nigeria. It is gaining popularity in different regions of the country.
Snails belong to the family of gastropod and are also referred to as garden pest and slug. They are found in tropical areas of West snd East Africa and other parts of the world. In fact, snails have been a source of food before the twentieth century.
It is usually served along with Rice or other food and served in parties, ceremony and burials. You can also eat it alone using a chilled orange juice to step it down…
It can be gotten from restaurants and eatery around the country or you can just……………………..
Follow through as you learn how to make peppered snail the Nigerian way.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- HOW TO MAKE GIZDODO
- HOW TO MAKE PLANTAIN MOSA
- How to make chicken pie
- HOW TO MAKE IKOKORE
- How to make moi-moi with beans flour
- How to make coconut chips
- How To Make Ugba
- How to make semovita
- How to make peppered snail
- How to make pounded yam
- Possess anti-inflammatory effect and anti-cancer properties
- Snail meat is a healthy alternative for red meat
- Low in fat content
- Good source of protein
- Contains Vitamin A, B12, E and K that are important for the health of the body
- Source of calcium, selenium, magnesium, manganese, iron.
- Also, supply the body with omega 3-fatty acid
- Rich in linolenic and linoleic acid which are essential fatty acid
- Often viewed as an aphrodisiac in some part of Nigeria.
- 7-10 snails
- 4 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 onion bulb
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 spoon of powdered ginger and garlic
- ½ teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of grinded crayfish
- One cooking spoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon of palm oil
- Lime ( for washing the snail)
- Seasoning cubes ( 2)
- Firstly, de-shell the snail, remove guts and wash the meat thoroughly with lime and salty water
- Wash until the slime has been removed
- Clean and slice the onions
- Blend the pepper and tomatoes and pour into a sieve to drain out excess water
- Now place the clean the snail into a pot and add half of the sliced onion, garlic, ginger, curry, 1 seasoning cube and salt. Add 1 cup of water and apply heat
- Allow to boil for 30minutes until cooked
- When the snail is cooked, sieve out the stock and keep the snail aside
- Place a saucepan on the fire and pour the vegetable oil and palm oil, allow to heat up, then add the remaining sliced onion and garlic, stir fry for 2 minutes
- Then add the ground crayfish, fry for another 2 minutes and add the blended mix.
- Add the remaining seasoning and spice, salt and fry till dry.
- You can add a little of the snail stock and add the snail.
- Leave to cook on low heat for 20 minutes
- Put off heat and cover for 3 minutes.
- Your delicious peppered snail is ready for munching.
- You can serve with a toothpick.
Video on how to make peppered snail.
We are so happy that you can now make peppered snail on your own. Do not forget to check our page for other delicious Nigerian food like Okpa, Abacha, etc. Above all, drop questions and feedbacks and also invite families and friends. Cheers!!!