We will be discussing how to make poundo yam today. This post brings a memory of one of my lovely aunt who hates stress, she always prefered making akara with bean flour.
Poundo yam is the faster and easier version of pounded yam! The process of making poundo yam is quite easy, and fast. You only need the yam flour, hot water and boom, your meal is ready!
So, like my aunt will always ask, na who like stress na? yes, no one loves stress. Which is why we are always looking out for ways to make cooking life easier and better!
Poundo yam is made from white yam. The white yam is parboiled, dried and milled into a powdery form, which is then packaged for future purposes. The flour is then used to make poundo yam.
As with the Normal pounded yam, poundo yam is also not eaten alone, it is served with different delicious Nigerian soups like Bitterleaf soup, etc
I believe you would agree with me, that poundo yam is nutritious and also stress-free, so follow through as we learn how to make this delicious meal.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make soya bean cake( Wara)
- How to make fried yam
- HOW TO MAKE ABACHA
- How to make Akara with bean flour
- How to Make party Jollof Rice
- How to make Fried Rice
- HOW TO MAKE YAM PORRIDGE
- How to make palm oil rice
- Nigerian food menu
- How to make Shawarma
- A good source of energy. An energy-giving food
- An excellent source of fibre which aids digestion and bowel movement
- Has potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, copper, calcium and iron
- Possess antioxidant properties, contains betacarotene
- Contains folate which is essential for the nervous system
- Provides the body with Vitamin like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B
- Yams are very nutritious!!! can improve cholesterol level and digestive health
- Also helps to boost the immune system
- Improves vision and boost the immune system
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- A good choice of food for people on weight loss plans.
- 2 cups of Poundo flour( yam flour)
- Two cups of water
- Firstly, pour the water into a pot and apply heat
- Allow the water to boil, then reduce the water by 1 cup.
- Add one cup of the yam flour and stir with a spatula or a wooden spoon
- If the lump is too thick, add 1/2 cup of water and stir well, while if it is too soft, you can add some yam flour!
- Continue to stir continuously until you get a soft, stretchy, non-sticky poundo yam.
- Your swallow can be served hot with any delicious Nigerian soup of your choice like egusi soup, fisherman soup, bitter leaf soup, ofe owerri, etc.
Video on how to make poundo yam
We are confident that you have learned how to make poundo yam, do well to share, drop comments, feedbacks and questions. Above all, invite families and friends and continue checking our page for other tasty Nigerian food like Agidi, ukwa , Okro soup, etc.