Sandwich is not a new dish, it is a meal that has been existing for quite a period of time. It is eaten in most countries all over the world. This article will be taking you on how to make sandwich the Nigerian style.
This meal is one of the easiest meal you can make and am sure you must be wondering while an article was made on this kind of meal. It has come to our notice that though sandwich might be actually simple make, a lot of people find it difficult to be able to put together the perfect ingredients for it within a few minutes.
For those who don’t have an idea of how to make sandwich prior to this article, when you start making you will not have reasons to skip your breakfast or even waste your money going to any restaurants to even buy it.
This simple meal is mainly made up of bread as the main ingredient, egg, mayonnaise, and different vegetables such as lettuces, tomato, carrot e.t.c. Aside from the ingredients mentioned above, you can always add one or two different ingredients to make the sandwich.
In Nigeria, you can go as far as adding sardine to your sandwich, this type of sandwich is mainly enjoyed by children.
8 slices of bread
1 medium-sized onion(sliced)
2 large lettuce leaves
1 large Tomato
2 medium Carrot
1/2 cut of small-sized cabbage
1 small Cucumber(optional)
For the filling: You can either use 1/2 can of corned beef, a can of sardine pieces, or even smoked mackerel.
3 tbsp. of mayonnaise/salad cream
1 tablespoon Ketchup(optional)
Things to Note Before Making Your Sandwich
- Cut off the bread crust, it makes the bread taste better.
- You can choose to toast your white bread to make it even tastier.
- For this recipe, you need to boil the eggs before making the sandwich.
- If you are using ketchup, Mix your mayonnaise and ketchup before spreading on the bread.
- You can substitute your fish for chicken.
How to make sandwich at home
- Firstly, you have to boil your eggs. You can either make hard-boiled or scrambled, anyone will be just fine.
- Wash all your vegetables thoroughly in clean water, finely cut the vegetables i.e cabbage, carrot and cucumber. Allow the lettuce dry a little bit before adding it to the sandwich, you can cut it a fit size for your sandwich.
- Set your bread slices ready for the sandwich.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegetables, egg, mayo and ketchup mix, mix till everything is even.
- In another bowl, mix the fish or corned beef filling.
- To assemble the sandwich, take one slice of the bread and spread the mixture from the first bowl, then place another slice on top and also a slice of lettuce then another slice of bread with the mixture from the second bowl, hen finally cover with another slice of bread.
- Repeat this process till you’ve used up all the slice bread you have.
- Your tasty sandwich is ready. You can enjoy it with any cup of beverage your choice.
VIDEO OF HOW TO MAKE A SANDWICH:
Thanks for reading this article on how to make sandwich. Don’t forget to like, share, and comment on this article. You can also check our other recipes on how to make doughnut, chicken pie , samosa and coleslaw