Hello, Today’s post is on how to make Yamarita. You know today is Thursday AKA throwbackthursday, so Yamarita is our special dish on throwback Thursday.
Yamarita which also called DunDun Oniyeri is one of the popular dish in the Northern part of Nigeria. It is made with white Yam, eggs and flour. It is loved by natives and visitors!!
Yam is one of the popular staple food in Nigeria and it is eaten in almost all homes. We have different species of yam like white ( puna) yam, water yam, purple yam, It can be prepared as boiled yam, porridge yam, fried yam, or pounded yam, etc
You can decide to be adventurous and make yamarita, it can serve as a way of recycling leftover boiled yam. There shall be no waste!
Yamarita can be gotten in an eatery, yes, it is global!! A very delicious meal and nutritious too, it is a great option for breakfast, lunch or dinner!! Serve with any sauce of choice!
The process of making this dish is simple and straightforward. You can’t miss your way!!! We gat you!! Follow through as you learn how to make Yamarita.
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to make rice and beans
- HOW TO MAKE AGIDI
- How to make coconut fried rice
- Nigerian food menu
- How to make moi moi
- HOW TO MAKE COUSCOUS
- How to make poundo yam
- How to make buns
- How to make peppered chicken
- HOW TO BOIL RICE
- Firstly, Yamarita is an energy-giving food, a good source of energy
- It is a good protein source
- Provides the body with Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K and selenium
- Yams are very nutritious!!! can improve cholesterol level and digestive health
- An excellent source of fibre which aids digestion and bowel movement
- Also helps to boost the immune system
- Eggs contain carotenoids that are essential for the health of the eyes
- Provides the body with calcium which is needed to maintain a healthy and strong bone
- Furthermore, it helps to improve the health of nails, hair, and skin. Makes them strong, long and glow!
- Contains copper, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Half tuber of white yam
- 3 fresh eggs
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- seasoning cube ( 2)
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil ( enough for frying)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- A teaspoon of ginger powder
- One tablespoon of powdered cayenne ( dried Pepper)
- First of all, peel and wash yams thoroughly to remove sand and dirt
- Cut the yam into rectangular shapes or any shape of choice, place in a cooking pot, add salt and clean water, apply heat
- Leave to boil till the yam is cooked but not too soft. Put off the heat, drain water from the yam and set aside
- break the eggs in a bowl, add one seasoning cube, ginger, pepper powder and whisk together properly
- Pour the flour in a plate or bowl, add the remaining seasoning cube and the powdered garlic. mix together.
- Place the frying pan on fire and add the vegetable oil, leave to preheat
- Take one boiled yam and place inside the egg mix, make sure the eggs circulates everywhere.
- Now place the yam inside the flour mix, make sure the yam is coated everywhere, then place inside the egg mix again.
- Do not overcrowd the egg or flour mix, this is to make sure the egg and flour gets to all parts of the yam.
- By this time, the oil should be hot enough and ready to fry, place the yam inside the oil carefully. allow to fry until lightly brown
- Repeat the process for all the boiled yam until it is finished.
- Your delicious yamarita is ready for serving. It can be served and enjoyed with a sauce or just as it is, with a chilled drink!!
Video on how to make yamarita
We are happy that you have learnt how to make yamarita! We would love you to drop feedbacks, comments and questions. Furthermore, invite families and friends always. Above all, do not forget to check our page for other delicious Nigerian Food like Wara, plantain mosa, nkwobi etc. Cheers!!!