Hello Everyone. Today’s post is on how to prepare jollof rice with carrot and green beans. Isn’t it intriguing? Yes, I know we love our jollof rice as it is, but you know, we just want to give the Jollof another look.
Do not worry, you would love this food and will end up cooking it every weekend!!! I can assure you of that.!!!!!!
Jollof rice with green beans and carrot is just a slight variation to the normal jollof rice. This jollof rice has vegetables, thereby making the meal more nutritious and colourful.
Delicious jollof rice is the most popular rice prepared in Nigeria and other West African Countries like Ghana, Senegal, Gambia, etc.
I can see you are excited like me, so follow through as you learn how to prepare jollof rice with carrot and green beans!!
Other Popular Nigerian food:
- How to prepare jollof rice with carrot and green beans
- HOW TO MAKE GBEGIRI SOUP
- How to make plantain chips
- HOW TO MAKE ABACHA
- HOW TO MAKE FISH ROLL
- HOW TO MAKE NSALA SOUP
- HOW TO MAKE GINGER DRINK
- HOW TO MAKE BLACK SOUP
- HOW TO MAKE COCONUT FLOUR
- A major source of carbohydrate
- Gives us energy.
- High in fibre content which is good for easy bowel movement and digestion
- Presence of Vitamine A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E
- Green beans and carrot also contain fibre.
- Provides the body with lycopene which is an antioxidant that helps the body fight against disease
- Regulates blood sugar due to the presence of vegetables like tomato and pepper
- Good source of Vitamin K
- Carrot is also essential for good eyesight and healthy skin
- 4 cups of rice
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper
- Red bell pepper (4)
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes or plum tomatoes
- Tomato paste (120g)
- 3 onions
- 100ml of vegetable oil
- Three seasoning cubes
- Two (2) teaspoons of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 5 pieces of carrot
- Green beans ( 2 handfuls)
- A teaspoon each of thyme, minced ginger, and curry powder
- Bay leaves (3)
- Chicken or meat stock ( two cups)
- First of all, wash and blend 2 tomatoes, peppers, and 1 onion to a fine paste and set aside
- Chop the remaining onions, slice the tomato.
- Clean the carrots and green beans, scrape out the skin of the carrots, and chop separately into small sizes.
- Pour the cooking oil into a large pan, add half of the chopped onion and let it fry for 5 minutes
- Add blended paste, tomato paste, curry powder,1 teaspoon of white pepper, seasoning cubes, and bay leaves.
- leave to fry for 20 minutes.
- While the stew is cooking, parboil rice for 5 minutes, wash with warm water and set aside
- When you notice oil floating at the top of the stew base, pour in 1 cup of stock and leave to boil for 12 minutes
- Now add the rice into the boiling stew, combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon and ensure the stew is just above the rice. you don’t need too much water.
- Add the remaining white pepper, minced ginger and butter, combine. Also, add the chopped carrot now.
- Leave to cook until the rice is edible, stir occasionally to know when to add more stock or water
- When the rice is soft, add the remaining chopped onion, green beans, sliced tomato and stir together
- Combine the rice thoroughly
- Put off heat, and leave to cool for 2 minutes before dishing
- Your delicious jollof rice with carrot and green beans is ready to be served with grilled chicken, fried meat, fish, moi-moi or coleslaw, accompanied with a chilled drink.
Video on how to prepare jollof rice with carrot and green beans
We are confident that you have learned how to prepare jollof rice with carrot and green beans. Do not forget to drop comments, share and invite families and friends. Also do well to check our page on how to make tasty Nigerian food like Fried rice, Tom brown, coconut rice, etc. Cheers